VMC brought proven management expertise to the affordable housing sector during the early 1970s. By employing new approaches to repositioning affordable housing, we have built a regional reputation for transforming troubled areas and into desirable communities and assets.
VMC has extensive experience inNew Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (“NJHMFA”), Section 236, Section 8, RAP and other Federal Subsidy management and compliance monitoring programs. We understand the regulatory requirements and provide on-site personnel with the oversight and training needed to develop a successful in-house program. VMC is experienced in managing affordable housing, HUD (formerly) co-insured mortgages, and HUD subsidized properties, as well as providing technical assistance to HUD.
Our affordable housing programs enhance the quality of the facilities and the quality of life for the residents. We improve resident services and decrease the deterioration of the property through resident education, proven, market-driven customer services and cost-efficient maintenance. When we demonstrate our respect for our residents and provide helpful and appropriate services, we decrease vacancy loss and property damage, lower maintenance costs and increase collections.
Because we merge our understanding of government programs with our successful multifamily management experience, we form strong, effective and productive relationships with our clients.
VMC brings its expertise to many types of accessible housing clients and programs
- Management, consulting and project supervision for Section 238, RAP, Section 8 properties, including those designated for families, senior properties, residents with disabilities, transitional housing
- Application of VMC’s compliance program or the client’s
- Resident service programs based on property/community needs
- Compliance monitoring
- Energy conservation
- Preventive maintenance
- Drug and crime prevention
- Property-specific operating programs
- Short- and long-term physical needs assessment
- Capital improvement program development and implementation
- Handbook 4350.x-based quality control management and physical inspections
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.